- Viksna J, Celms E, Opmanis M, Podnieks K, Rucevskis P, Zarins A, Barrett A, Neogi SG, Krestyaninova M, McCarthy MI, Brazma A, Sarkans U. PASSIM - an open source software system for managing information in biomedical studies. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007 Feb 9;8:52.
- Brazma A, Krestyaninova M, Sarkans U. Standards for systems biology. Nat Rev Genet. 2006 Aug; 7(8):593-605. Review.
- A web-based customizable system for experiment data submission and storage
- Web-submission forms for collecting metadata from 7 high-throughput experimental platforms
- Effective for bringing the experiment data and metadata in compliance with the “Minimum information about…” requirements
- Functionality extends to batch submission, batch editing and filtering
- Interlinked with sample and patient data of PASSIM by a common system of identifiers
- Proved to be successful in the EU MolPAGE project
- Light-weight LIMS-like solution for projects in systems biology and translational medicine
PASSIM for BioMedical Studies
The Patient and Sample System for Information Management (PASSIM)
- Submission and retrieval of information about patients and biomedical samples
- Easy to customize for various needs of biomedical projects
- Secures patient confidentiality by separating de-identified information from private record
- Web-based with role-defined user access rights
- Successful in a large international collaborative project-MolPAGE